Saturday, March 22, 2014

Webhosting Server Crash = Sites Offline!



FYI - ALL of my websites are temporarily offline. That includes:
39AndHoldingClub.com
PenchantForPenning.com
BlastFromYourPast.net
WomenWritersWorldwide.com
 

(This article was originally published on Club39.com's blog.)
There are minimal holding sites at 39 and Holding Club and LRochelle.com ... where you'll also find periodic updates. Look for the others to be following suit asap. WHY the sudden termination of my sites? Well ... 

Sometimes, life just doesn't want to cooperate. I have plans ... but the Universe has its own scheme for me ... and it's always a surprise. 

Not necessarily a welcome surprise. 

Case in point ... I recently wrote on my Penchant for Penning blog about the trials and tribulations with my webhost's server(s) five-day crash. And the angst continues ... 

 Because the template program (Site Studio) offered by IX Webhosting was unsupported and out of date, I needed to move my websites anyway, but now it's critical, because they are ALL offline. Sigh. 

Sort of my fault because I made other webhosting arrangements a couple of weeks ago, before another quarterly hosting payment was due; but I was in the beginning stages of editing a client's book (still working on it). There was no time to rebuild websites or even establish a one-page holding site.  

That's when the Universe decided to throw me a couple MORE curve balls. Juggling is not my thing.  


In addition to the webhosting issue, problems migrating everything to new webhost, and the new editing client, my Jeep's battery decided it'd had enough; I'd long-ago committed to a four-day visit to a relative; and -- argh -- here comes the payment deadline. NOW. 

Oh, and we won't even mention the Blast from Your Past 25-year edition book (#2 in the series) that keeps being neglected. Did I mention the yard work I'd like to be helping my roommates with? And ... and ... and ... 

Ah heck -- I give up -- it's 5 o'clock somewhere!! 

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be opinionated, but respectful, please! There will be a slight delay prior to your comment appearing, while it is reviewed. Thank you for commenting. Enjoy your day!